Cooks from restaurants and hotels will have the chance to show their skills to thousands of specialists.
G1 Category: Dishes
The contest is dedicated to qualified chefs representing hotels, restaurants and catering companies all across Europe. Competitors can participate individually or in teams. The same location can compete with an individual competitor and a team.
Competing teams will present:
- A FESTIVE PLATE for 8 people composed around seafood and/or fish
- A ROMANIAN TRADITIONAL DISH for 4 people and one portion on a plate
- A VEGETARIAN DISH for 2 people
Individual competitors will present:
- FINGER FOOD for 6 people, 2 kinds of finger food prepared without heat and presented cold and 2 kinds of finger food prepared using heat and presented cold
- GOURMET MENIU for 1 person (snack, soup, warm appetizer, main dish, dessert)
Judging criteria: presentation and innovation, composition, correct professional preparation and compliance with the theme and regulation.
G1 Category: Fruit and Vegetable Carving
The contest is dedicated to qualified chefs representing hotels, restaurants and food service and catering companies. Each participating company can compete with up to 3 competitors, with 3 different sculptures made exclusively out of fruits and vegetables (each competitor with one sculpture).
Each competitor will present a piece priorly carved and will also be carving an element during the competition to prove to the jury that the piece presented was carved by the same person.
Judging criteria: visual impact, harmony of shapes and colours, thoroughness, details of work, originality, innovation, compliance with the theme and regulations.